North Florida Chronic Lung Disease Care
We are available 24-hours a day seven days a week if needed.
Chronic lung diseases such as COPD, lung fibrosis, emphysema, and asthma are among the highest causes of death in the United States. These diseases destroy one’s lung volumes, elasticity, and tissue, making breathing very difficult. The lungs become stiff and unable to expand in order for a patient to breathe. Often, these diseases cannot be cured or reversed. A disease that progresses to the point where it is difficult for a patient to breathe, walk, or sleep, will most likely require oxygen and breathing treatments to possibly alleviate some of the symptoms. These diseases will also affect one’s activities of daily living. These patients will require close monitoring in order to improve their quality of life.
Our caregiver can improve one’s quality of life long term by:
- Assisting with activities of daily living and personal care
- Educating on and supervising lifestyle changes and dietary habits
- Preparing low carb meals
- Performing light housekeeping to help minimize triggers such as dust and pet dander
- Encouraging the consumption of adequate fluids
- Make sure oxygen is used when needed
- Managing medications
- Arranging medical and non-medical transportation
- Calling 911 if COPD symptoms suddenly worsen